Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Shirt for Bitty Baby + Bitty Twin Doll

See free tutorial here for pants

What you need

  • 1/4 yrd fabric (knit, fleece, ...)
  • knit fabric for cuffs
  • velcro


How to make the shirt

1. Download pattern here

    This pattern is copyrighted by me, ReadCreations.
    For private use only !!!
    Make sure you have page scaling set to none !

2. Sew arms to front and back with a 1/4" seam (as all seams)
 

3. Cut 1 strip 9 1/2" x 1 1/4" from knit fabric (stretch is along the long side)
    Fold both short ends in 1/4" and then fold in half lengthwise (hiding the raw ends)
    Sew cuff to neck opening (stretching to make it fit)

4. Top stitch neck cuff

5. Cut 2 strips 4 1/2" x 1 1/4" from knit fabric (stretch is along the long side)
    Sew cuff to sleeve (stretching to make it fit)
    Then top stitch.
 

6. Sew side seams

7. Cut 1 strip 16 1/2" x 1 1/4" from knit fabric (stretch is along the long side)
    Fold both short ends in 1/4" and then fold in half lengthwise (hiding the raw ends)
    Sew cuff to shirt bottom (here you don't need to stretch)
    Then top stitch

8. Add velcro


You are done !!!

See free tutorial here for pants

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pattern! It looks like the velcro is attached to raw edges at the back. Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get the pattern to download properly. It either doesn't go at all or I just get the first page. Anyway you can help me? The pants have turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried it on my computer and it worked fine. Could you maybe try with a different browser? Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the pattern! My daughter is very happy with her doll's new pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just completed one of the Bitty Baby Twin outfits and it is lovely. Thank you so much for the pattern and instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What size doll is this for? I need 8 inch doll clothes patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not very tech savvy. When it says make sure page scaling is set to none, how do I do that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, many thanks for sharing. I know the velcro is very easy to use but I prefer to put big buttons and large buttonholes so the little hands learn to fasten and unfasten.

    ReplyDelete